Choice of industrial grade GRP Handrail systems. Durable, cost-effective and maintenance free.
Suitable for all industrial and commercial environments, GRP handrails are used for stairways, walkway & platform handrails and for guarding around machinery. The systems are designed to comply with all relevant standards and provide a versatile, cost-effective alternative to metal rails.
View GRP Handrails Products
Both types are available with all necessary fittings and fasteners for assembly and follow the same basic design principles:
- Upright support sections (stanchions)
- Top handrail
- Mid-knee rail
- Kicker or Toe plate
- Floor or wall (side mount) fixing brackets
- A range of fittings and connectors, fasteners and fixings
In accordance with building safety standards:
- A maximum allowable stanchion centre to centre spacing of 1500mm (a reduction in stanchion spacing will accordingly increase loading ability)
- A minimum top rail height above the walking surface of 1100mm.
- Should offer a minimum service load of 300N/m x max. distance (m) between stanchions.
Safety Standards: The Safety of Machinery – Permanent Means of Access standard states:
EN ISO 14122-3:2001 + A1:2010 Section 7.1.10: Where access through the guardrail is required, a self-closing gate shall be used. A gate shall have the handrail and knee rail positioned at the same level as that of the guard-rail that it extends to (for exit section of the ladder, see EN ISO 14122-4). EN ISO 14122-4:2004 + A1:2010 Section 18.104.22.168: To prevent falling through the access opening at arrival areas the opening shall be provided with a gate. The gates shall meet the following requirements:
- Opening direction of this gate shall not be towards the edge of the drop outwards)
- The gate shall be designed so, that it can be opened easily
- The gate shall close automatically, e. g. by means of springs or the effects of gravity
- The gate shall have at least a handrail and a knee rail according to relevant requirements of EN ISO 14122-3
Typical installation scenarios for fibreglass handrails include:
- Access platform walkways
- Pedestrian bridges, steps & walkways
- Worker access to machinery
- Manufacturing plants
- Marine vessel applications
- Water treatment works
- Offshore wind & oil facilities
- Railway trackside applications
The application of a polyurethane coating to completed assemblies in exterior environments will reduce long-term colour fade.
WHY EVERGRIP GRP Handrail Systems?
- Strong and durable – load tested for safety
- Non corroding – no issues with rust, virtually maintenance free, low life-cycle costs
- High Impact Resistance
- UV resistant – maintains structural integrity after long service
- Fire retardant – test results available. Please contact us for further information.
- Chemical resistant – resists a wide variety of chemicals, suits most environments
- Low electrical and thermal conductivity – ideal near electrical installations or in extreme cold
- Light weight – reduced transport costs and load on existing structures
- Easy handling, fabrication and assembly – no welding, TCT tools for cutting